The Introvert-Extrovert Etiquette Difference

A  good friend of mine lent me a book to read – ‘The Introvert Advantage’ by Marti Olsen Laney. As an extrovert (and 75% of us are according to the author), it took this book to help me understand more about the quiet strength of the Introverts (the other 25%). So while I’m happy to celebrate my birthday jumping out of an aeroplane with everyone watching, my husband prefers a quiet dinner with our sons and me. Which of us made you say ‘That’s me’? It’s the Introvert/Extrovert difference and both are natural responses.

Look around you and when it’s time to praise someone, think carefully about whether they are an Introvert or Extrovert.

Praise and celebrate with the Extrovert in a group and praise and celebrate with the Introvert one-on-one or even in a sincere and hand-written card or letter.

If you are not sure, offer the person a choice and see which one they take.

And next time you plan a big surprise party, make sure it’s for an extrovert.

(Article sent to subscribers of The Fashion Translator eZine’in 2007. Click here to sign up for The Fashion Translator eZine.)

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s